NoetixViews Customization Certification
Learn how to customize NoetixViews to meet specific reporting requirements.
NoetixViews for Oracle E-Business provide extensive content and query logic "out of the box" – quickly answering hundreds of business questions without the need for modification. As business evolves however, NoetixViews can be modified to meet changing business requirements.
In this certification course, Noetix Administrators and report writers learn how to incorporate new information into business views and reports, extending the content coverage available with their NoetixViews implementation.
With NoetixViews Customization Certification (NVCC), Noetix Administrators gain the skills required to re-engineer business views to meet specific reporting needs, while ensuring that the changes made are supported and protected through future application upgrades.
Note that only customizations made by Noetix Certified Professionals are eligible for support under Noetix Customization Maintenance (NCM), an optional service offering available through Noetix Support.
NoetixViews Customization Certification (NVCC)
4 days (9:00AM - 4:30PM) *
$16,000 US/£10,400 UK for up to 8 students
* Certification Exam given on Day 4 (attendance required). The duration for a private class is 5 days (extra non-training day for setup).
Who Should Attend
Noetix Administrators and related professionals, including Systems Analysts, Business Analysts, and Database Administrators.
What You Will Learn
This certification course provides instruction on the methodology for altering or updating NoetixViews. You’ll learn the underlying NoetixViews schema, leveraging your SQL expertise in modifying NoetixViews metadata, adding or suppressing Oracle columns, tables and/or where clauses, to dynamically alter the Create View statements generated by Noetix.
Individuals gain experience on how one SQL statement can proliferate a change into multiple views simultaneously, saving time in streamlining report development. Additional learnings include:
- NoetixViews installer technology and how the custom scripts fit in
- Tables behind the views
- Reading the configuration report
- Preventing the creation of roles, views, or columns
- Adding columns, tables and where clauses to the views
- Modifying aspects of a view
- Analysis steps for successful view customizations
- Modifying specific views versus groups of views
- Adding descriptive flexfield detection
- Maintenance and implementation procedures
- Worksheets and template scripts
- Experience with NoetixViews including a comfort with the installation process, naming conventions, and on-line help functionality. One year recommended.
- Understanding of relational database architecture (tables, columns, views, grants, constraints, primary and foreign keys, etc.)
- Oracle SQL*Plus experience. Competency to write SQL statements, table joins (multiple tables, multiple join conditions, etc), table insert statements, table update statements, primary/foreign key relationships and constraints, outerjoin concepts, use of the DECODE and NVL functions, data aggregation and the use of the "GROUP BY" statement. Two years recommended.
- Knowledge of Oracle Applications setup terminology (chart of accounts, set of books, Operating Unit, key and descriptive flexfields, etc.)